So here's a typical Thursday in our house. First, I wake up at 6:05 a.m. when my husband leaves to work and get ready, make breakfast, listen to my bible ministry on the radio and have some quiet time.( I need to pray for the day ahead of me.)
7:00 - start waking the kids up, (Sarah is already up getting ready).
7:30 -Feed the kids and take Sarah to her babysitting job.
8:00 - Read a few chapters from whatever book we are all reading together in the living room, some cuddling, some on the couch or floor; everyone with a blanket.
8:30- Teach Science. (History is on Mondays and Wednesday) We've been studying the human body and today we made our own food pyramids. I cut out a piece of butcher paper for each child and they cut out pictures from magazines and the glued them onto the paper. While we were doing this I was playing a tape of Frederic Chopin in the background. (Music Appreciation). We have been learning about him this month.
10:00 kids went outside for a break
10:30 We got to use our new overhead projector that Uncle Joe bought for us. It literally came this morning! We used it to go over Pronouns as part of our grammar lesson. The kids loved getting up and underlining, circling and just writing on it period!
11:00 Math time. Derek is working on long division and Jackie is working on her times tables. I let Jackie use the white board to figure. She is really getting it! It's not just rote memorization of abstract figures.
11:30 Writing- every day the kids copy of verse from Proverbs and today they will have to write in their personal journals. I begin Lunch.
12:00 - Lunch
12:30 - free play outside while I put Nathan down for nap. (Usually, but today we had a visitor, My cousin Robert came by to drop off a payment for his Girl Scout cookies. We chatted for a while and he listened to the kids talk about what they were learning and showed him stuff we've done. It made me happy to see their excitement in their work.)
2:00 Chores. ( today Nathan is taking a late nap.)
3:00 - Time for movies, video games, etc. Mom's turn for a break. I usually will read or get on the computer.
4:30 I prepare dinner and kids play outside some more!
5:00-6:00 Dinner
6:00-8:00 Taking kids to their sports practices
8:30-9:30 showers and bedtime!
Although it sounds like pretty simple plan, believe me there are times when I cannot hear myself think! Either one or all are singing out loud, (Ari) or some are bickering, or we have an unexpected visitor like today. The days are a sometimes far from repetitive!
No comments:
Post a Comment