Friday, April 3, 2009

More like Jesus

We began this week, (Sunday) by attending an AWESOME Christian concert. I wasn't really planning on going but my sister came into town with her girls and my kids really wanted to go. It was their first concert so they were really excited! From the moment the lights dimmed I just knew He was in that place. My heart swelled and my eyes filled with joy and sadness. Sadness that came from an undeserving soul. Each song that filled the air had it's own purpose for someone in that audience. My heart also leaped for joy at the sight of my children closing their eyes and raising their hands, worshipping the Lord. No greater reward could I ask for as a mommy. I am by no means a perfect mommy, (my kids can attest to that I'm sure) but the one thing I want them to remember and know when they grow up is that I was or tried to be a godly mother. It is hard to wake up every morning with a smile on your face, think about the long day ahead of you, what to make , what to do etc. etc. of course it is..... hard to do without kneeling before Him every morning asking Him to give you joy, wisdom in your words, patience, well... to be like Jesus. We can't do anything on our own nor with our own understanding. I have found that looking at things as opportunities rather than obstacles makes me realize that God is trying to either get my attention or teach me something. Most of the time it is through my family. The sooner we submit and trust in HIM the sooner we'll be on our road to blessings He has planned for us. Be encouraged friends! He is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to 1 Homeschool Mommy!

This is a blog I have created to share with other moms and wives. I feel we have a sisterhood in Christ that we should be embracing and uplifting eachother and to help those other women who need strength, words of wisdom and to know that they aren't going at it alone.

I want to be encouraging and hope you will share your encouragement with others!

Here you'll find the joys and frustrations of our days as I attempt to train and instruct my children in the way that they should go and to be a good servant and share His blessings.