Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Real Easter Story

This week the kids and I are technically on "break". However, I came across this unit study from the Homeschool Magazine. It's actually a we-ebook by Stephanie Ruby. This is an in-depth study about the real story of Easter. My kids know the basic story, but this year I felt a strong urge to really share with them the awesome, selfless love our Father gave to us and for us. I'll be posting some pictures soon to show what we've been doing. I am also having the kids make Easter cards that we will hand out to a local shelter or retirement home. We will deliver these cards on Friday. I am very excited, that for the first time , we are going to attend the Good Friday service at church. Past years we couldn't go because the kids were in "school". In addition, Friday night we are all , as a family, going to watch The Passion of Christ. I think this year is going to be very meaningful and I pray the holy spirit touch each one of their young hearts. Enjoy your Easter week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sofie! I think what your doin is great, you have great ideas for homeschooling moms, and even those of us who don't! You'll have to check out my blog, i'll add you as a friend!
    See You Soon-
    Jill Woods-O'Bannon
    http://obannons4ringcircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to 1 Homeschool Mommy!

This is a blog I have created to share with other moms and wives. I feel we have a sisterhood in Christ that we should be embracing and uplifting eachother and to help those other women who need strength, words of wisdom and to know that they aren't going at it alone.

I want to be encouraging and hope you will share your encouragement with others!

Here you'll find the joys and frustrations of our days as I attempt to train and instruct my children in the way that they should go and to be a good servant and share His blessings.